Adjustable Rate Mortgage
A Citizens Bank adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) provides savings and flexibility. Lower rates at the beginning of the term gives you more cash on hand when you need it. With a typically lower mortgage payment, ARMs are an increasingly popular alternative to the conventional fixed rate mortgage for homeowners trying to get the most home for the lowest payment. The downside of the lower payment is a potential increase in the monthly payment over time, if interest rates rise. Therefore, ARMs are most appropriate for people who anticipate an increase in their income during the life of their loan, or who plan on moving in five to seven years.
With an Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM), your interest rate changes at specific intervals, so the amount of your monthly payment could increase or decrease. Often, ARM loans provide a lower initial rate compared to a fixed rate loan.
- Often a lower intitial interest rate and payment
- A variety of rate adjustment schedules to suit your needs.
- Affordable home financing
- Flexible rates
- Lower initial monthly payments.
- 1, 3, and 5 year initial fixed rate period before adjusting.
- A fully-amortizing product.
Consider an ARM loan if:
- You plan to be in your home less than 10 years
- You expect interest rates to remain stable or decline during the term of your loan
- You want a lower intitial monthly payment and don't mind a variable interest rate.
All loans subject to credit approval.
For more information about any of our loans or to learn about which loan may be right for you, contact a Citizens Bank Loan Officer. Call 270-465-8193, visit a Citizens Bank Banking Center near you, or email email@example.com with any questions.
Click the link to see our current Mortgage Loan Rates