Explore our various savings accounts and select the one that's right for you.
When you are ready to open an account please visit one of our convenient locations.
This basic savings account option from Citizens Bank exceeds expectations by giving you access to Online Banking and competitive interest. You can open your account today and start building your savings.
- Interest rate - variable
- Minimum deposit - $100.00
- No service charge with balance of at least $100.00
- Service charge - $1 per monthly statement cycle (When balance falls below $100.00)
- Automatic transfer service from other Citizens Bank account
Transfers from a Personal Savings Account to other accounts by pre-authorized, automatic, or telephone are limited to ten per monthly statement cycle, with no more than ten by check, draft, or similar order. An excessive withdrawal fee of $1.00 per withdrawal in excess of one during a month or statement cycle if combined with checking account statement. This fee will not apply if you are under 18 years of age.
Lil' Citizens Savings
Set your children or grandchildren on the right path to a lifetime of financial responsibility. Help them begin to learn how to manage their money with the Lil' Citizens Savings. Murry the Save-A-Saurus is here to help children have fun learning and saving their money.
- Ages 12 and under
- Child receives a Murry the Save-A-Saurus t-shirt when opening an account
- Any deposit amount during birthday month earns a choice of prize
- $10 minimum balance
- Interest earning account (Minimum balance of $100 to obtain APY)
- Unlimited deposits
Note: When opening account you will need to bring your child's Social Security Card and Birth Certificate.
Certificate of Deposit
Interest earning accounts with guaranteed fixed rates and a wide range of terms and payment options.
CD’s combine benefits of both savings accounts and investment accounts, and are best for those who do not need to access their money right away.
- You lock in interest rates for a specific amount of time (called a term)
- You agree to keep your money deposited for the agreed upon term. For example, if you deposit $5,000 in a five-year CD, you can't withdraw the money before the five years are up, without paying a penalty called an early withdrawal fee
- You can have your interest reinvested, paid to you by check, or transferred to your Citizens Bank checking or savings account
A Certificate of Deposit with Citizens Bank gives you the combined security of FDIC Insurance and greater earnings potential.
Performance Money Market Savings
A tiered money market investment account that earns interest at the prevailing rate adjusted on a weekly basis. The Performance Account requires an initial minimum deposit of $100.00 and earns interest at variable tiered rates. There is no monthly service charge with a balance of $2,500.00 or more. A fee of $10.00 per month is assessed if the account balance falls below $2,500.00. Transfers from a Money Market Performance Account to another account or to third parties by pre-authorized, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to ten per statement cycle with no more than ten by check, draft or similar order to third persons.
- Opening deposit - $100.00
- Free Image Checking
- Tiered interest rates for higher returns
- Free ATM access with no network charges at any Citizens Bank ATM
- Ready access to funds by check or over-the-counter withdrawal and other pre-authorized transactions
- Transfers from a Money Market Performance Account to another account or to third parties by pre-authorized, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to ten per statement cycle with no more than ten by check, draft or similar order to third persons. Additional withdrawals are $10.00. Excessive withdrawals may require that the account be closed.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A Health Savings Account is a tax-favored savings account which allows funds to be accumulated tax-free to pay for current and future qualified medical expenses.
Whatever your retirement goals and needs:
- You're looking for a Traditional, Roth or Educational IRA
- You have funds from a previous employer's retirement plan that you want to roll into an IRA
- Or, you have funds from several IRA's that you want to consolidate
Christmas Club Savings
This account allows you to save for Christmas shopping throughout the year. Deposit money each payday or as often as you wish. You choose the amount and the frequency.
- Receive a check in September just in time for the shopping season
- Earns interest all year long
- Automatically deposit from your checking accounts